Last updated: 13th March 2022
Jewel Junkie Privacy Statement
Here you will find the privacy statement of Jewel Junkie. Jewel Junkie operates www.jeweljunkiecuracao.com. Here it is described how your personal data is handled by us. We are aware that you have confidence in us. We therefore see it as our responsibility to protect your privacy which we receive from users of the website. Your personal information is only used for providing and improving the website. By using the website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
In this privacy statement you read about the way your personal data is collected and how it is handled. It explains where your data is stored and for which purposes your data is stored. In addition, you will also find all your rights with regard to your details and how you can make use of these rights. The privacy statement may be changed when, for example, legislation changes. It is therefore advisable to periodically consult the statement.
You are currently reading the privacy statement from Jewel Junkie. Jewel Junkie is an online webshop focusing on the sale of jewelry. There are situations where your data is collected by Jewel Junkie. Therefore we want you to know more details about data collection and how you can indicate your wishes about your data. If you are not comfortable with the use of your data by Jewel Junkie, feel free to contact us!
Kaya Panlefi 3, Willemstad Curacao
66 66 305
Purpose of collection
Personal data is collected by Jewel Junkie for a number of purposes. These are explained below.
01. Sending newsletters. Jewel Junkie sends out newsletters via e-mail. These newsletters are on the one hand commercial and on the other hand focused on sharing information. Your first name and e-mail address are collected via the appropriate form on the Jewel Junkie website or when you place an order. During the ordering process you have the option to unsubscribe from newsletters. We also ask you to confirm your registration.
02. Placing an order. Your data will be collected when you place an order and pay via our Shopify webshop so that we can contact you about the progress of your order.
03. Analytics. The Jewel Junkie website collects your data to improve the website. This is done with Google Analytics. These data are anonymous and are therefore not tied to your personal data. Think of information such as the duration of your website visit, the data of your visit or the pages you visit.
All data will only be processed with your permission or as execution of the agreements which are entered into, or because processing is necessary for the handling of your order.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
The data received and processed by Jewel Junkie are managed by:
01. ActiveCampaign. The newsletters are sent with ActiveCampaign. The moment you sign up for the newsletter, your e-mail address and first name will automatically be saved in the appropriate list within ActiveCampaign.
02. Zapier/Maker. This software is used to link Shopify with ActiveCampaign.
03. Shopify and linked apps. The website and back-ups of the website are hosted via Shopify. Data that you leave on Jewel Junkie’s website are on Shopify's servers.
04. Google. The email from Jewel Junkie is hosted by Google. If you contact us via the forms or via e-mail, these e-mails will be stored on the Google servers.
Your data will be retained by Jewel Junkie for a longer period of time, but never longer than is necessary for carrying out activities, unless we have to keep your data for longer because of a statutory regulation.
01. Sending newsletters. Your e-mail address and first name are stored in ActiveCampaign. The storage of your data is for an indefinite period of time. You can deregister whenever you want via the link at the bottom of the newsletters or by sending an email to email@example.com
02. Contact us. At the moment you contact Jewel Junkie via mail, the data you send, such as your name, company name, and email address, will be stored on the Gmail server. Those emails will be saved up to an indefinite period of time.
03. Analytics. The data that Analytics collects on the website is anonymous, so it is not linked to your name, company or e-mail address. This data is stored indefinitely within Google Analytics.
03. Orders. Your order history is kept for at least 10 years, because Jewel Junkie is legally required for the tax authorities.
No physical copies of your personal data will be made. Your data is only managed in the aforementioned systems and software. The personal data that are managed by Jewel Junkie, or by the aforementioned third parties, are only accessible via the above software and are protected by a password and where possible with two-step verification. With this two-step verification a code is generated from the software and sent to Jewel Junkie. This code must be used during the login process. The devices that open your data are each also locked with a password and / or fingerprint. The number of devices that have access to your data is limited to only the necessary devices.
In addition, your visit to our website is secured by an SSL certificate. This means that your connection to the website is private. You recognize this security by the green lock for the url.
01. Right of access. You have the right to request your data at all times that are recorded and stored at Jewel Junkie. You do this by sending an e-mail to Jewel Junkie. You will then receive an overview of your data.
02. Right to rectification. Are your data not correct? Or have your data changed? You have the right to have this rectified by Jewel Junkie. You can adjust your data about the newsletter via the appropriate url at the bottom of each email.
03. Right to erase data. Do you no longer want your data to be stored with Jewel Junkie? Then you have the right to have your data deleted whenever possible. Order historie is not possible to be erased.
04. Right to stop data usage (objection). Do not you want Jewel Junkie to use your data? Then you have the right to stop using your personal data. The use of these rights can be done via firstname.lastname@example.org with the sending of a copy id-proof whereby the passport photo, the numbers at the bottom of the passport, ID number are made illegible. The aim is to respond within a week.
05. Turn off cookies right away. Jewel Junkie uses a cookie banner so that you can refuse the cookies. In addition, you can use the browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services on our and other websites may not function properly if cookies are disabled in your brow
Jewel Junkie processes personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest, namely a commercial interest. For example offering products via e-mail. Your details will never be sold to third parties. The data that are mandatory to deliver are the minimum required data for the provision of the services or products. Your email address, for example, is required to be able to send the newsletter. If this mandatory information is not supplied, Jewel Junkie can not offer the relevant product. If it is necessary to share data that you have shared with Jewel Junkie with others than the aforementioned parties (for example, to offer a service), your permission will be requested.
Jewel Junkie reserves the right to disclose the information when this is required by law or when Jewel Junkie deems it justified to comply with a legal request / process or to protect the rights, property or safety of Jewel Junkie. In doing so, we always try to respect your right to privacy as much as possible.
Do you still have questions? Feel free to contact us via the contact details below.
Kaya Panlefi 3, Willemstad Curacao
66 66 305